Dear all the lovely tumblarians, book lovers, library frequenters, etc. out there:
In five words or less, what is it that makes you love libraries/books/library science/serving the public so much?
Signal boosting this challenge.
61 Notes/ Hide
- cartulary reblogged this from canlift40lbs
- spybrarian answered: Creating a more informed community.
- boroondaralibraries reblogged this from librariangemma
- boroondaralibraries answered: There’s so much to learn!
- librariangemma reblogged this from lecieltumultueux
- experimentsandtemptations answered: My husband, the (almost) librarian
- grplteens answered: I love being surrounded by books and that my job is answering all manner of questions. “How do you deep fry a twinkie?” was my favorite.
- dmodlin answered: escaping to another world!
- undercovershelf answered: Finding a common thread.
- icecreampoprocks answered: simple: archivists make it last longer. :)
- terryx answered: I <3 making people happy.
- shelenam93 answered: Books contain Knowledge contains power.
- canlift40lbs reblogged this from thecardiganlibrarian and added:
- canlift40lbs answered: The people need answers, dammit!
- gettingdressedoutofthedryer answered: Everything. Seriously.
- welovepens answered: Education will change the world.
- lordgaga answered: Always learning new things!
- iamrobotgirl answered: Libraries are a life force
- bookstacks likes this
- withawonder answered: Infinite curiosity.
- rhaithe answered: Learning alongside knowledge seekers.
- boazach-27 answered: Traveling the world without moving
- bookstacks answered: a free hand to help
- christycard answered: I love being surrounded by the collected knowledge of ages as I stand in the stacks. Or in fiction, imagining all the universes around me.
- only1maegen answered: Endless possibilities.
- bigbaddru answered: helping kids find books
- sasinshort likes this
- thedancingtoast likes this
- withswimminggait answered: Living lives other than mine.
- catchingthetradewinds likes this
- sylvar answered: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- wbnamerica reblogged this from libraryjournal
- jessylikesthings answered: Teens finding their communities.
- sdiaz101 reblogged this from thecardiganlibrarian
- sdiaz101 answered: making a difference in people’s lives
- whataboutprom answered: Finding & sharing info on any topic!
- marissa1982 answered: helping people makes me happy :)
- cathylibrary answered: Empowering my students
- lecieltumultueux likes this
- sterlingfink answered: Vast, free, organized, welcoming resource.
- btmullis answered: I love books and people!
- didyoueverstoptothink answered: I love the infinite potential of people. And of books.
- christielouwho answered: The joy of introducing new worlds. (More than five, but I couldn’t make it more concise!)
- libraryjournal reblogged this from lecieltumultueux and added:
- cousinmaeby answered: free access to the world
- alpha-lima-lima-papa answered: Love helping students learn.
- localisedinsanity answered: A diverse but supportive community!
- futuregoose answered: Discovery